Thursday, January 24, 2013

Just a teeeeensy weeeensy freak out

So I have got to say, last night I think I had my first real panic attack.  It was terrible.  I was at caregroup and I was freaking out because I couldn't find my stress ball.  It sounds so dumb when I say it out loud, but I just felt so...out of control!  My stress ball is my one escape from my picking and I couldn't find it! It was like my brain was just stuck in a loop of "where is my stress ball?" over and over  and over again.  I couldn't keep my hands from going to my face.  It was like they were magnetized or something.  I just felt like, wow, this is it...I'm going to destroy my face and there is nothing I can do to stop it.  Luckilly for me, I was surrounded by people of God, and they found me a pair of fuzzy socks rolled into a ball, and I got to squeeze that.  I guess what it comes down to is a feeling of control, of power.  And at that moment, well, I didn't have ANY of it.  

I tried to focus through our lesson, and there was something that caught my attention.  Check this out, I think I need to get this tattooed on me.  (Don't worry people, not any time soon, I don't have the money right now.) 

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7)

I think I just need to engrain this verse on the fiber of my very soul.

http://www.icfchurch.org/spirit_of_fear.htm

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing when God gives us a clear verse of encouragement?! I'm so sorry you had the panic attack Liz...your sis in law has them too so you are in 'good' company there. :-( I'm praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was proud of you last night, you got your fuzzy socks and then focused. I have no doubt that you will get this under control and it will no longer be in control of you. <3

    ReplyDelete