Sunday, November 11, 2012

Jonah's Eyes

Every day I'd sit and cry
begging God to tell me why he brought me here
broken  down and dangerously near
the end of a fragile, tattered rope
trying hard, but losing hope.
Yes, the boat was going down
there was no doubt, I was gonna drown
but here, where I was meant to be
didn't seem much safer than the sea.
I'd followed the call, but didn't realize
I was looking at life from the wrong set of eyes.
Mine simply couldn't see the reality
of the life that had been deceiving me.

I'd been living lies
I needed Jonah's eyes
to see the miracles in disguise.

And with a new clear point of view
I see how much I'd hid from you
No, I wasn't swallowed by a whale
but my mind was shrouded by a vale
of a dismal black and gray.
Now I see the glory of every day.

I'd been believing the lies
but now I have Jonah's eyes.
To love me where I'm meant to be.

You put me here for a reason
for this time, and for this season
you've freed these chains that bound me
you've lead me to recovery.
And its so amazing
not just doing my own thing.
It's a beautiful thing.
From these lies I've been set free
brought up from captivity
and made anew
living my life in you.

I'm done living the lies
I'm seeing through Jonah's eyes
Now I'll go where you're sending me
I'll be who I'm meant to be.

2 comments: