Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 3? Or is it 87?

OK, so I forgot to have my coffee the other day, and my hubby noticed I was hardly picking at all.  So he, being the sweet little brainiac he is, suggests, or rather, tells me, to stop drinking caffeine.   I say, coffee, or caffeine all together? *please just say coffee*.  Both, he informs me.  No joke, my heart started racing at the thought.  No coffee?  Is this man insane? Does he want me to go postal or something? How can this possibly end well? Literally, panic was starting to set in at the mere thought of parting with my beloved morning (afternoon/evening/before bed) cup of Heaven.  "Liz," he said, "I think you have a serious problem."  Yeah, well he would know, he's been married to me for four years now, I guess he knows me better than anyone else possibly could.  Soooooo, maybe he's right.  Needless, to say, we are on day 3, and though exhausted, I feel perfectly fine.  And my face is showing improvement as well!  Score one for the Hubster.

Ladies and gentlemen, the results speak for themselves!



Oh, and speaking of results, I went off and got the tattoo I was talking about the other day.This battle with picking and some of my weird OCD things have been controlling me for a long time. When I came across this verse, I just knew I wanted it close to my heart. I couldn't literally put it on my heart, so I put it on me. Whenever my hand reaches to my face to pick at something, this verse hits me in the face. It's a constant reminder that God has given me a sound mind, I do not need to be afraid of anything. It's a symbol that the battle has already been won, and I do not have to fear! I have the power, and I'm never going to forget it.


1 comment:

  1. humph...caffeine? Did you have this problem of picking back when the mormons abducted you? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete