Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dear Me

Dear me...well I thought I would write you a little note to tell you I forgive you.
You aren't the same you, I know.
You've been dying inside and hating yourself even now.
But you aren't all that you think you are.
You are so much more.
Stop holding yourself back
Stop holding a grudge against the mirror.
Its always going to show the same thing
No matter how long you stare.
Live again, I dare you.
The past was then
We all know it can't be undone
So why try? Because you're always going to fail.
Promise me this, Me.
You'll lower the bar, just a little bit
You'll give yourself room to breathe, if not just a little bit.
Dear me,
I just want you to know
Everything you think
Everything you feel
It's all okay
And even if it wasn't
That would be okay too.
I promise you this, here and now
It's not wrong to move on
It's not wrong to forgive, just please don't forget.
And don't forget that you've been forgiven.
If you only hear one thing from me, Me
Let it be this:
The only one unforgiving is you.
God did it, so you can too.




No comments:

Post a Comment